Q: Cadillac heater issue 2005 Cadillac DeVille

asked by on February 10, 2017

I have an Cadillac Deville 2005 and my heater blows hot and cold Air. Heat only on the drivers side cold everywhere else I heard it might be the aculator but not sure. Thank you

Hi there - I suspect your cabin heating scenario is a problem with the air blend doors in the heater unit itself. The lack of heater function typically has 5 causes: the engine is not getting up to correct temperature (center of the gauge) due to a malfunctioning thermostat, the heater control valve is not letting hot coolant into the heater core, there is a restriction in the heater system that is preventing adequate hot coolant flow through the heater core, the heater fan is not working to transfer heat from the heater core to warm air for the passenger compartment, or the air blend doors inside the heater are not working properly to route warm air to the desired vents. I would recommend a heater system inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/heater-is-not-working-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.