Q: Engine code P0401

After getting a complete service based on Honda's recommendation for mileage, the engine light came on. The code I get is P0401, EGR.

Engine code P0401 on your Honda Accord indicates that there is low flow to the EGR valve. The repair for this is to remove the EGR valve and, using a special tool, cleaning the passages of the EGR tube. In some cases this code can also mean the EGR itself has failed. To be 100% certain however, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and diagnose the engine code in person with a scanner. They will have the experience needed to quickly identify the problem with the EGR system as well as provide the repairs needed to allow the EGR system to function the way it should.