Q: Car making grinding noise.

I hear a grinding noise coming from my car's engine area.. It sounds like it might be the water pump or some other component with bearings. I replaced the fan and fan clutch recently, so I don't think it would be that.

The water pump is the most common part changed on this motor and year. The noise once heard could be isolated to the water pump or a tensioner pulley. I recommend to have the system checked by a qualified mechanic. If the water pump is determined to be the noise I would recommend the water pump and thermostat replacement at the same time to flush all old coolant out. I recommend to have a qualified mechanic check it out such as one from YourMechanic.