Q: Car starting making a really loud noise, shaking, not accelerating, and the steeering wheel began to get stiff 2013 Chevrolet Cruze

asked by on February 23, 2017

I just purchased the car less than 24hrs ago and. i was driving for about two hrs when all of a sudden the car began to decelerate, the steering eheel became really stiff, it mad this really loud noise and starting shaking. This lasted for about 45seconds i was doing approxmitly 20 mph on a residentral street.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello - it sounds like your engine shut off due to an unexpected load (steering pump failure, serpentine belt failure, etc.). First task is to check for problem codes. If the car is still running, most auto parts stores will do this for you for free on a "time-available" basis. If the car is not running, I recommend a Check Engine light is on inspection and a stalling inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.