Q: My window on my passenger side won't roll down and the lock button doesn't lock the doors.

asked by on March 03, 2017

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0L DOHC (420a engine) and my problem is driving me nuts. The driver's side will lock BOTH doors and roll down the driver's side window. The driver's side switch will not roll down the passenger window. The passenger switches don't work at all, meaning they won't roll down the passenger window or even lock the doors. I disassembled the passenger door and completely removed the switch, but the window still will not roll down from the driver's side door. I'm stuck between wiring, switch, and/or possibly the window motor itself too. I hope it's not the switch because they're hard to find, and I hope it's not wiring because I can't do wiring. What do y'all think?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your issue is most likely a switch. The window motor would not effect the door lock functions. The only true way to know is to test the power available to the switch and see if it is passing through, or making it to the motor. Where the power stops and is not utilized, is the component that has failed. If the power supply is not making it to the switch, then you have another wiring or fuse issue. Without doing some electrical testing, you may want to start with replacing the switch. For more help with diagnosis and resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.