Q: My vacuum pump seems to be leaking water

asked by on November 04, 2016

I need to know if i need to change vacuum pump because it looks like its leeking water out of it

Vacuum Pump Replacement $94.75 - $1259.92 Get a Quote

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Vacuum pumps are required to have oil in them for lubrication. If the pump is leaking water, then either the oil is the wrong type and is leaking out, or the pump has a mass vacuum leak and is sucking in moisture causing the pressure to blow out water through the back valve.

I recommend replacing the vacuum pump when there is oil coming out of it. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the vacuum pump replacement.