Q: New alternator and battery checks out fine but cars still dying and electrical issues.

I got a brand new alternator put in thinking it was what was causing my headlights to dim and brighten, radio to turn on and off and abs and parking break lights to be on. The same problems are still happening. Battery checked out fine. 3 seperate occasions all the lights come on and the car stops, I have to turn it off and back on and then it's fine. 2 other times I turned the key and the car wouldn't start but a couple minutes later turned on fine.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like there may be a problem in the wiring, a faulty connection, or even a control module. It is going to take some diagnostic work to determine exactly where the problem is located. I suggest a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com, to find the source of the issue. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. New alternator and battery checks out fine but cars still dying and electrical issues.