Q: Acceleration problems in 2004 Volvo S80

asked by on February 22, 2016

The car sometimes has problems accelerating.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The first thing to determine is whether the problem involves the engine, or transmission. If the engine is running rough, or the turbo is not working properly, the engine will be down on power, and will not accelerate as it should. If the transmission is not working properly, it will hinder performance as well. Certain trouble codes for the transmission will put the transmission into a limp mode, in which case it will only use one or two gears out of the five it has. The only way to properly diagnose your problem is to have the engine inspected for acceleration problems, and checked for trouble codes. A mechanic from Your Mechanic can come out to your Volvo’s location and get this done for you.