Q: How Long Should Belts in My Car Last?

asked by on November 30, 2015

How long should belts in my car last?

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.69 - $301.27 Get a Quote

Depending on the type of belts in your vehicle, they will probably last you anywhere from 3-10 years, or 40,000-150,000 miles. Typically, you will find the drive belt replacement schedule found in the owner’s manual. This is assuming that the integrity of the belt is not compromised by contaminants. You can visually inspect your belts for obvious signs of damage, but it is also a good idea to have a qualified mechanic check the belts from time to time. If you need to have the drive belt replaced, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to perform this service for you.