Q: Computer says crankshaft position sensor. Already changed it to a new one amd original and still check engine light on and have tr

Computer diag ostic says its crankshaft sensor.bought the original at nissan replaced it...still check engine light and trouble turning on

Hi Gibran. This is a rather common problem. In most cases, when you have an error code trapped in the ECU, and a repair is made, there are two reasons why the light would continue to trigger. First, you have to manually remove the code from the ECU with a professional digital scanner. If the code was removed correctly, and the light still illuminates, it’s likely that there is a different malfunction. In most cases, in regards to the crankshaft position sensor, the root issue is the actual electrical harness - and not the sensor itself. It’s also possible that a different issue exists. It’s probably best to simplify this issue by having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a check engine light inspection. This will allow them to complete all steps to clear codes and correctly diagnose the root issue for you.

3. Computer says crankshaft position sensor. Already changed it to a new one amd original and still check engine light on and have tr