Q: I have a 2012 Nissan titan. The interior lights won't turn on when the door is open but work when the key is turned in the ignitio

asked by on March 15, 2017

I have a 2012 Nissan titan. The interior lights won't turn on when the door is open but work when the key is turned in the ignition. Didn't think a fuse could cause this since they work when the key is turned.

Hi there. It is more than likely that the door switch that activates the interior light is the source of your problem. One easy thing you can do to determine this is to see if your door chimes when it’s open and the key is in the ignition. If it does, then it is possible that your issue is with an electrical relay from the switch to the interior light panel. Trying to diagnose this type of problem can be very tricky and time consuming, so you may want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a interior lights inspection; so they can correctly trace this issue and recommend the right repairs.