Q: Camshaft timer is off.

The vehicle's camshaft timer is off and the Check Engine Light is coming on.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You will want to have the fault codes read out of the engine computer to see where the fault lies. P0011, P0016, and P0017 all have to do with the camshaft actuator. These faults are saying the camshaft position does not match where the camshaft should be based on the activation of the camshaft timing (CVVT) solenoid. There is either a problem with the solenoid, the oil supply to camshaft adjusting unit or the camshaft adjusting unit. Fault codes P0340, P0341, P0342, or P0343 al have to do with the camshaft position sensor. The issue would lie with the sensor, the engine computer, or the wiring. My advice is to have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, read out the fault codes and conduct a diagnosis of the variable camshaft timing system.