Q: Random shifting in and of neutral position

There are some transmission issues that happen randomly with my car. It would shift in and out of neutral. Then the engine would make a banging noise and the car would run fine. Then it would happen again. What could be the problem?

A: Hello. If the noise is only heard when shif...

Hello. If the noise is only heard when shifting gears it is likely that you have a worn transmission or engine mount. I'd recommend getting some help from a certified technician who can diagnose your shifting issue firsthand and inspect mounts to ensure that the rubber dampeners are still in place to support the component as it is designed to hold.