Q: Whining noise coming from car

I have a whining noise coming from the car. After looking into it, it appears to be a common issue on second generation XTerras.

Hi, Nissan has released a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) regarding the issue, NTB09-128. You can search it if you would like detailed information on what the repair is. The sound is coming from the timing chain rubbing against the guides inside of the engine. There doesn’t seem to be any damage caused to the chain or engine as a result. However, the safest bet is to have them replaced to ensure the longevity of your vehicle.