Q: My 1993 Ford f-150 is leaking transmission fluid from the rear end of the pan. ive already replaced the gasket as well as the pan

asked by on April 30, 2017

My 1993 Ford f-150 is leaking transmission fluid from the rear end of the pan. ive already replaced the gasket as well as the pan but that did not fix the issue. its leaking maybe a quarter of a quart a day maybe a bit more. Is there another point above the rear of the pan where the fluid could be leaking from? Its the AOD transmission with the 14 bolt pattern.

There are two different places it may be leaking if not from a cracked housing at one of the pan bolt holes. The rear tail shaft housing or the shift linkage shaft seal could be leaking. Have the areas cleaned and vehicle run on a lift to isolate where it is coming from.