Q: Have no codes, I have low rpms and car sounds like it wants to die when starting

asked by on November 03, 2017

Well to start off, I have no codes what's so ever, my problem is that my car has low rpms at about 500 when it's usually between 700-1000 rpms, and vibrates a little at idle like when I'm stop at a red light, and when starting my car, the rpms of course goes up and then go back down, then the rpms goes low enough that it sounds like it's going to die then goes back up to 500, I think it has to be a fuel problem, can't u please tell me or give me a idea what it is?

The rough operation and inconsistent idle that you are describing could be due to a bad tank of gasoline, dirty fuel injectors, incorrect idle speed, exhaust restrictions, vacuum leaks, incorrectly installed or damaged spark plugs, a defective or clogged fuel pump or fuel filter, failing electrical components such as the ignition control module, plug wires, coils, and spark plugs, a defective airflow sensor, dirty oxygen sensors and other causes. I would recommend that you request a rough operation/rough idle diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will perform the required diagnostic steps to get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.