Q: Vibrations in the stick shift and engine

After returning from a trip, there were vibrations in the stick shift. The engine was running rough and vibrating the next day when I started it and was driving. Also, the clutch doesn't move much when I push it. The dealer told us it might be the transmission and they would take it out. There aren't any engine codes and all of the ignition coils have already been replaced. What is your diagnosis and what do you recommend to solve this?

It is very possible it could be a clutch/ transmission/driveline issue. Locating the source of the vibration, and ensuring it is not an engine peripheral is key. The fact that the clutch is not acting as designed almost makes it imperative to have the transmission pulled to see what is going on in the clutch assembly. If you want to get this checked out, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your vehicle’s vibration and let you know what fixes are appropriate.