Q: seized motor help

I have a 1997 Tahoe with the 5.7L vortec. Someone vandalized my truck and drained out the oil. I am not a rich man but my question is if i find a good motor block that's complete can i swap over all my parts from the heads up and put them on the good used block or should i keep searching for a used motor?

You may find trying to overhaul the motor and swapping over all the parts to the new motor may be the best bet to get the vehicle to run without problems. You do not know what you are getting from a junkyard motor that is this old. You may find one used but it may have very high miles and you would still have to swap over harnesses, parts and accessories. You other option is to purchase a long block new rebuilt motor and you will then have a new engine again. This is best option if the vehicle is in very good to great shape.

3. seized motor help