Hello, I get an error code on my 2006 Nissan Murano SE. I...

Q: Hello, I get an error code on my 2006 Nissan Murano SE. It states "b1049 driver airbag module open". Whole airbag or component??

asked by on August 28, 2017

My airbag warning light is coming on. I get the error message "b1049 driver airbag module open". Does this mean I need to replace the entire airbag or just some circuit or electrical part? Also, for some reason, my horn does not work either.

Hi Clay. Thanks for writing in today. The code you’ve listed is a Nissan-specific error code that indicates a few possible sources of the air bag module warning light. The top sources include a faulty air bag, spiral cable, bad electrical connection to the sensor or the harness itself is damaged. The factory service manual suggests visually checking the wiring connection first, replacing the harness if it’s damaged, replacing the driver air bag module if no electrical damage exists, followed by the spiral cable and finally the air bag diagnosis sensor unit. The failure of the horn could indicate a failure of any of the above components.