Q: Coolant leak codes

My car has fewer than 98000 on it and it runs really good and it has great on mileage. I drive a 37 mile stop and go commute every day. It has a whole lot of power and idles smooth. But lately I’ve been getting a PO2187 code, but I can’t find a vac leak. So I decided to clear the code. But then I got more codes 300, 301 and 302 about misfiring which I never noticed. I looked under the hood and saw the coolant level was low, and I filled it. When I got home today and went to check my coolant level again, it was laying on top of my new upper motor mount and some was on top of the reservoir and down below the air inlet hose for the turbo I think. It’s a big thick hose. There is no pressure in the expansion tank because the cap is a 21 PSI which doesn’t like pressure. And my temperature needle is at half way and never passes that mid point. With all of these symptoms I guess this could be a leak in the head gasket. But I think no because there is no water in the oil and the car runs fine. What do you think is wrong and how can I fix this?

The code P2187 indicates a lean running situation at idle. More parameters will need to be checked to get to the bottom of this issue. Sometimes false reading from a malfunctioning mass air flow sensor may mess with the vehicle’s engine control unit and cause a light.

As for the leak, you will probably want to get this checked soon to prevent any worse problems from occurring. If you are having trouble pinpointing the issues, consider having a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the Check Engine Light and detect any leaks that may be present for you.