Q: white smoke coming out of tailpipe after changing head gasket engine oil is very low car has tons of power

asked by on June 25, 2017

changed the head gasket still have white smoke coming from the tailpipe when on the gas car has tons of power no leaks , engine coolint is fine checked oil and it is very low

Hi there. A common problem that occurs after a head gasket is damaged is that valve guides or piston rings will also be damaged. Plus, if the engine was not fully removed and disassembled, it’s likely that there is additional coolant inside the combustion chamber or oil galley’s. In most cases, the recommendation is to remove the engine and rebuild. however, you might also find success by changing your oil and filter a few times over the next 1,000 miles to see if the smoke is caused by excessive coolant trapped in the motor.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr