Q: Smoke coming from blower/fan area

OK I was driving and I smelled burning wires.. Popped the hood and the smoke was coming from by the blower motor fan not working so I went and purchased a new one installed it and still see smoke and fan not running!!! I ran a wire from the blower motor to battery and fan popped right on what is the problem?? Thanks

A: Hi there. The blower resistor and wiring is...

Hi there. The blower resistor and wiring is right there next to the blower and may be what is smoking. I recommend checking the blower wiring and check resistor and wiring to see if something is shorted out. If you need a professional to check it out, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical system and assist you with repair.