Q: Smoke coming from blower/fan area

OK I was driving and I smelled burning wires.. Popped the hood and the smoke was coming from by the blower motor fan not working so I went and purchased a new one installed it and still see smoke and fan not running!!! I ran a wire from the blower motor to battery and fan popped right on what is the problem?? Thanks

Hi there. The blower resistor and wiring is right there next to the blower and may be what is smoking. I recommend checking the blower wiring and check resistor and wiring to see if something is shorted out. If you need a professional to check it out, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical system and assist you with repair.

3. Smoke coming from blower/fan area