Q: My car battery light,oil light and park light stays on while the car is off

Car battery light, oil light and park light stays on while car is off but turns off when car starts up

When you turn your key to the on position before starting the car, the car’s computer runs through a series of system checks causing many of the lights on the dash to display for seconds before starting the engine. These may also remain even for a few seconds after the engine has been started as the system finishes running through it’s checks. While this is perfectly normal, there may be instances where these lights may stay on after the engine is off for a period of time which is another issue. If these lights stay on for an extended period (more than 5 minutes) of time after the engine has been shut off, this may suggest you have a faulty instrument cluster or potentially a parasitic drain on the battery caused by faulty wiring or an accessory that is drawing power from the car when it is off. If this is the case, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3. My car battery light,oil light and park light stays on while the car is off