Q: My 2009 Nissan Altima won't start. I press the brakes and and push the start button and the inside of the car comes on.

asked by on December 22, 2016

The care is not starting very faint sound when I press the break and push the start button. All lights come on in the inside but it doesn't start. Although all of the other lights will come on. The brake lights do not. Could this be a faulty brake switch. Help

Hi there:

Although it’s possible that a faulty brake switch is the reason why your Altima won’t start, it’s also possible that the starter, starter relay, ignition relay or ignition module on your 2009 Nissan is damaged or faulty. The best way to determine exactly what’s causing this issue is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.