Q: When I start my truck in the morning it stars up but kinda dies down like it wants to turn off. Also when I'm driving down the road it drives fine bit it loses power like when going up a small hill

asked by on December 10, 2016

I think the motor is good because it runs great until I hit a little hill or something

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a dirty throttle body. If it has some build up inside of it then this will occur. I usually start by checking the throttle body to see if there is a lot of debris in it. If it is clean then it can also be caused by a leaking intake manifold gasket. These commonly leak on this engine, especially when it is cold. I check this and I also check to see if the engine has good spark plugs and ignition coils. If you need to have this running condition checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it idles so low] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-idle-is-rough-inspection