Q: Car shaking on startup, engine revving

When I start my car, it shakes, even more so if I try to accelerate. There is a manual gearbox in the car. Upon startup the engine is revving so I don't have to apply the gas and I can go through the gears up to third gear. When the car is warmed up, everything is as usual and the car runs fine after a while. What could be the cause of these issues?

Hello there, a few different faults can cause the car to shake and have issues with acceleration. The most common would be the the spark plugs and wires, a fuel pump issue, faulty MAF sensor, a vacuum leak, or a defective oxygen sensor. Have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your shaking issue at your home or office to have this repaired appropriately.

3. Car shaking on startup, engine revving