Q: What do you do when the EPS light come on to fix it? 2008 Hyundai Elantra

The EPS light came on and the car wouldn't go in park and it cut off what does that mean

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is not shifting into park Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - the EPS, or electronic power steering, is the electrically assisted power steering. A malfunction or failure of this system could suddenly make steering effort more difficult or possible freeze the steering. This is a safety issue of course, and should be diagnosed and repaired immediately. I would recommend a steering inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. The shut-off and failure to go into Park are likely unrelated issues. I would suggest a stalling inspection and a transmission inspection for those problems.