Q: Windshield leaking, how bad is this?

I have used my 2009 Kia Optima for 26,000 miles so far without any real issues (as it should be). Now I am having an issue with the windshield. The thing was sealed or installed poorly and now it leaks. This is a dumb problem to have and if it gets the electronics in the dash wet then this car may be toast. What can I do about the water that has leaked inside?

The leaks could be caused by improper sealing of the windshield, or possibly a blocked body drain. Has the windshield ever been replaced? Are there any rock chips at or near the sealing surface of the windshield? Something that you can check on your own is to run your fingers along/around the black weather-stripping/sealing surface of the windshield. If you notice any bulges or cracks, that may be causing the issue. I’d recommend having a local mechanic (like those with YourMechanic) or a glass specialist inspect the windshield and A-pillars for damage or rust. They should also be able to check any body drains near the windshield that could cause water intrusion.

3. Windshield leaking, how bad is this?