Q: I put on a CAI...and 2 days later my check engine light came on..and it was bank 2 po174

I got a 2011 BMW 328i with 44000 miles..i put a CAI and 2 days later my check engine light came on is was bank 2 po174...

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. One minor, yet highly important detail that most aftermarket part manufacturers fail to tell customers is that the installation of their components will impact the operation of the sensor that monitor systems on OEM vehicles; like your BMW. The solution to this problem is not as simple as just clearing codes in most cases. The first thing you should do is have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection, to pinpoint precisely what areas are impacted by the installation of the Cold Air Intake. This should give you a starting point as to what needs to be done to resolve this issue.