Q: ticking noise what is it?

asked by on May 31, 2016

i examined my car hood up starts right away idling perfect and then as i give it a little gass there this low ticking sound behind the engine on the lower left side i have no clue what it is

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The ticking noise from the engine may be from a solenoid that starts to come on after you start to accelerate, like an EGR valve solenoid. If the noise is from the exhaust, then you may have a leak in the header flange seal. I’d recommend having a certified mechanic look at your car to diagnose the noise firsthand if you feel that it is a problem that needs looked at.