Q: Limp mode

my car is in limp mode.my code is p0700.do i HAVE to use atf 4 for my transmittion fluid?i also had the out sensor put in

A: If you do not use the recommended fluid for...

If you do not use the recommended fluid for Chrysler or any transmissions in general, it can cause the transmission to have shifting and slipping concerns. Even damage can be caused from incorrect fluids being used.

This is why I do not recommend having a transmission flushed since the machines are used for all vehicles. Sometimes fluids from previous flushes are still in the machine and will get into your transmission when work is done.

If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians will be able to come to your home to properly diagnose your Check Engine Light and help you make the right repairs for you car.