After changing thermostat, thermostat housing and gasket....

Q: After changing thermostat, thermostat housing and gasket. Why is my check engine light come in?

asked by on August 31, 2017

Why is my. Check ingine light coming on after a just changed the thermostat housing, the thermostat its self and the gasket. Just did all that. Started it and the check engine light came on. Why did it come on?

It sounds like the computer is still seeing an overheating condition present based upon the reading from the coolant temperature sensor. This means either the vehicle is in fact still overheating due to some other problem such as a faulty fan relay or fans not coming on at the correct intervals or potentially the coolant temperature sensor itself may be faulty. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose ad inspect the vehicle.