Q: My truck squeaks on the right side when driving. Always when driving over bumps 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

asked by on December 12, 2016

My truck squeaks on the right side when driving. Always when driving over bumps

Hi - suspension noises like your squeak are challenging at best. And, your truck uses torsion bars for suspending the weight of the front end rather than coil springs. This introduces additional bushings which seem to squeak more than they should. With an assistant providing "bounce" to the front end, a spray can of silicone, applied to one component at a time, can help identify which component is squeaking. For professional assistance, I recommend a suspension inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/creaking-noise-when-turning-the-steering-wheel-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.