Q: Put key in ignition, but nothing happens

asked by on February 03, 2016

My car won't start. I put the key in, but nothing happens. No lights come on. My car has been sitting for a year.

The battery would of been drained after sitting for a year. The battery may have been drained to the point it may not be able to be charged and would need a replacement. Also the fuel in the car may be stale and the fuel system would need further work if the fuel has become gummed up. The only way to tell is to have the vehicle checked and have the battery replaced to start. I recommend you have a certified mechanic perform an inspection of your car’s starting system for you.