Q: I have a 1992 Lexus Ls400 and the transmission wont switch out of 1st gear the caer has 261k miles should i get a new transmission

My car transmission is stuck in 1st gear and won't shift into any other gears. I dont know if i should replace the transmission because it has 261k miles or what part might be broken.

You should have the computer scanned for codes that may point to the cause of the no shift out of first gear. You may just have a solenoid that is bad for one of the gears and just need to replace one solenoid and not whole transmission.

3. I have a 1992 Lexus Ls400 and the transmission wont switch out of 1st gear the caer has 261k miles should i get a new transmission