Q: Is it possible to have my car recharged with R12 refrigerant? And if it is, would it be expensive?

My AC runs on R12 which I cannot readily buy, and I don't want to convert to R134a

A: It is possible, but the price of R12 is ver...

It is possible, but the price of R12 is very high. It will be expensive because of the price of R12. There is an initial extra cost to convert your system to R134a, but once it’s done, it will be cheaper to maintain your system with R134a.

In comparison, R134a sells for cheaper. R134a has been in use in all cars for many years with great success. In most cases, it is more expensive to recharge an A/C system with R12 than it is to convert to R134a. Especially in the long run. That being said, a certified mechanic can happily assist you with any of your A/C recharge needs.

Good luck.

Recommended services
Get a Quote