Q: Steering wheel won't turn

asked by on March 17, 2018

Wheel won't turn but car can start.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It is unclear if you are referring to a locked steering column versus a circumstance where there is loss of power assist or perhaps failure of a steering linkage that is causing the steering wheel to bind. Regardless of which of these is your circumstance, if you request a steering system diagnostic a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this problem diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.