Q: Anti security light is on not blinking and car won't start

replace starter and had battery tested good and now car won't start' red anti security light is on but not flashing

A: The anti-theft system is engaged. You will ...

The anti-theft system is engaged. You will need to have the system scanned to see why the system is active. You can try to using a different key to see if it’ll work. Also, try to open the passenger door with the key to isolate the issue. This will help you find out if the driver’s door switch is causing the system to not deactivate or if the key is the problem. If you cannot isolate the issue then you may need to have vehicle towed to the dealer to access and fix this type of issue.

However, if you need some help with these checks or would like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your starting issue and help you fix it accordingly.