Q: Traction control light flashes when taking off slow. Also, grinding noise when pulling off fast or going up an incline or driveway

asked by on April 19, 2016

When pulling off slow, the traction control light flashes on. Also when taking off slow or going up an incline (rather in reverse or going straight) it makes a grinding noise. When it makes the grinding noise, it reduces speed and power.

Grinding sound from transmission Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The traction control in the vehicle uses the brakes to control the wheel spin. If you are getting a light coming on and a noise during acceleration, your vehicle may be having an internal transmission problem with the 1st and 2nd gear. Only a complete diagnostic check of the brakes, traction control, transmission, and axles will determine the cause. I recommend having a mechanic come and check out that car to pinpoint the cause of the grinding noise and performance issues.