Q: Ticking noise while applying the brakes

Each time when I apply the brakes during driving, there is this ticking noise that becomes noticeable. The sound is similar to the one that two pieces of steel would make. After I had brakes replaced, the sounds became less noticeable. However, it's been around 10 days since the replacement and I can now hear the noise again. What is causing this?

Hello. Most of the time this noise comes from either one of the axles on the vehicle or it comes from the ABS unit. If there is a wheel speed sensor issue then the ABS unit will kick in when you hit the brakes and this noise will occur.

A CV axle will also cause this, but if it is a constant noise when applying the brakes then I would suspect an ABS problem. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose your brake system and repair this.

3. Ticking noise while applying the brakes