Q: AC leaking and not holding charge

asked by on February 18, 2016

I have a problem with the AC in my car. It doesn't hold a charge, so I believe there is a leak in it somewhere.

AC Recharge $224.56 - $255.84 Get a Quote
Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The AC system is a sealed system, so you are correct to believe your Cadillac may have a leaky AC if you are experiencing a problem. The more common leaks are usually found right behind the front grill where the AC condenser sits. Sometimes debris can make its way beyond the grill and damage the AC condenser, resulting in leaking refrigerant into the atmosphere. Sometimes a visual inspection can be performed to locate the leak, however it may be difficult to spot very tiny leaks, so it is necessary to recharge the AC system and add a special dye that reacts to black lights.

With the AC system running, a black light can be used to shine on all of the AC system components and locate the source of the leak. A diagnostic of this magnitude will usually require the assistance of a certified mechanic. They will have the experience and tools necessary to identify the source of your leak and make the repairs needed to keep your AC running when you need it most.