Q: Car stalling randomly

Sometimes the Check Engine Light comes on. The vehicle starts, but randomly stalls while both driving, and idling. After it sits for a while, it will start up again. The problem seems to be getting worse over time. I replaced the IPDM, thinking that was the problem, but the stalling issue returned after only two days.

With the illumination of the Check Engine Light, a fault code is generally stored in the system, and can be scanned by a mechanic. The engine computer relies on several signals from sensors for vital information to keep the engine running safely. Lack of communication, or false signals from faulted sensors, can trigger a stall. Have a trained mechanic, like the experts at YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle. The mechanic can use a scanner to read the fault codes and observe data from the vehicle to determine the source of your stalling issue.

3. Car stalling randomly