Q: What would cause all of these electrical problems?

asked by on July 20, 2016

My vue is having a rough time, as well am I for just buying it and getting all these problems a couple months after doing so. So basically, my dash lights are flickering, my odometer is stuck at the milage of 125351 and will not change, also flickering. My DRLs are not working, my AC blows, but just air not cool air. All of my gauges are not working. My interior lights are not working, I unhooked the battery and removed the bcm and put everything back and now it is in a security mode.. Will start and gently die with in 3 seconds. Any help on what might be the cause and a forsure way to get it out of security mode would be so helpful. Thanks much!

It is difficult to say what is going on with your Vue without being there. This will likely have one problem that is causing all these issues. The removal of the BCM has probably made this more difficult to diagnose though. I would not suggest taking such an action in the future. Not only will your initial problem need to be diagnosed, but your BCM will need to be reset which the issues you are already having may make that more difficult.

My first thought is it is a problem with the instrument cluster, but the interior lights and A/C shouldn’t be affected by that. But this sort of symptom is not uncommon. A failure in one system can indirectly cause problems in another. Knowing if the car is running well would be a key piece of information. I would be looking for a power or ground problem which requires a wiring diagram and a bit of time studying looking for a common power and ground to all the affected systems.

Regardless, this is a difficult diagnosis and I recommend seeking help from a professional with experience to properly pinpoint your electrical issue.

Good luck!