Q: Car loses power steering when turning in the rain

Hi, my issue is the when there is heavy rain and I am driving my car and I make a turn, the battery light comes on and I lose power steering for a few seconds. The power comes back after a few seconds. Any suggestions?? Thanks, Chris

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The issues you’re experiencing are commonly caused by an exposed wire that is shorting when introduced to moisture or ignition problems that temporarily shut down electrical power to important components. The power steering on your 2008 Hyundai is electrically controlled and assisted by hydraulic pumps; which is why this might be happening to you. The best bet is to contact a local mechanic and have them complete an electrical inspection so they can pinpoint any loose or exposed wires that might be triggering this issue.