Q: Car is not starting - 1993 Toyota Camry

Hello how are you? My Toyota Camry xle is not starting. Last night I accidentally put in a wrong key in the ignition and ever since then the car won't start and there's a little red light that keeps flashing. What could it be? Thank you.

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle’s security system may have been activated when the incorrect key was inserted. You may have to reset the ignition system using the correct key in order for the vehicle to start. My research indicates that turning the ignition on and off 5 times, and then starting the engine, will reset the security system. If that does not work, then it may be possible that there is a problem with the alarm system control box, or perhaps the transponder in the key, if there is one.

If you need assistance, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car will not start and make any necessary repairs.

3. Car is not starting - 1993 Toyota Camry