Q: Stuck CV axle.

My driver's side CV axle won't come out of the transmission. I tried using a slide hammer and hammering wedges . it won't come out. The axle has a hole so it needs to be replaced. I can just put a boot on. Everything need to come out.

A: You do not specify the vehicle or year you ...

You do not specify the vehicle or year you are working on so I will have to guess that this vehicle has axles that do slide out of the trans-axle like most vehicles, and not by removing a roll pin in the inside coupling like some vehicles do.

You may have an axle inside clip that has locked your axle into the carrier and if you push the axle in and then using the slide hammer pull the axle out hard several times then the clip can be dislodged. Try rotating the axle 90 degrees and try again. This may take several tries to break the retainer clip to get the axle out. Be careful not to damage the carrier housing using the wedges. The slide hammer method should work to dislodge the clip. Make sure you get the entire clip out after axle removal. If you want to have the axle replaced, a certified technician from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to perform the task for you.