Q: The car won't start - 2012 Ford Explorer

When the button is pushed the car just makes a clicking sound

Hi there. This may be related to a failing starter or starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. For an issue like this, I would suggest having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the no-start and replace the starter if necessary.

3. The car won't start - 2012 Ford Explorer