Q: Engine shaking

asked by on February 02, 2016

My engine is shaking.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Quite a few things can make an engine shake, especially at idle. Spark plugs and the ignition system, carbon build up in the combustion chambers, fuel injectors, vacuum leaks or engine mounts are all possible culprits. But one thing is common cause is not keeping the maintenance up to date. When the car is not maintained, the camshaft position sensor is likely to fail. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and diagnose your car’s shaking issue to determine the repairs needed.