Q: Crank Shaft Sensor and Fuel Pump Issues.

1996 Jeep Laredo, Four-wheel drive, 6 cylinder After changing the crank shaft cylinder, if loose, could it be damaged?

Also, why is the fuel pump staying on all the time? Thank you in advance.

Hello. A loose crankshaft sensor may be damaged if it falls off or catches on something. Aside from that, a loose crankshaft position sensor may also cause engine performance issues, including stalling, as it is one of the primary inputs for the engine management system, and needs to be secured near the crankshaft in order to function properly. A fuel pump can stay on all the time if the ignition switch, relay, or a wire short, and feed it power. I would check the relay and wiring to see if they may have an issue. A certified professional from YourMechanic can perform a comprehensive inspection of the vehicle in order to pinpoint the correct repairs for these problems.

3. Crank Shaft Sensor and Fuel Pump Issues.