Q: Can you tell me if my transmission is running too hot. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

asked by on December 01, 2016

Hi! I would like to know what is normal transmission temperature for my jeep grand cherokee summit 2014 on normal driving conditions in the city or highway. I think mine gets too high, 220-235, after driving for a while on normal conditions. My dealer told me that this is completely normal that there is nothing to worry about, and that it can go as high as 270 and still be considered normal. Is this true?

Hi there. The transmission temperature that you are referring to is normal. The transmission on this vehicle does run slightly higher than the cooling system temperature. Most of the time it should run about 210-220. If you want to get it to run cooler then you can install a large external transmission cooler but that is not necessary. You will be fine if it continues to run the way that it is.